We are the outliers, the right and left brain thinkers, the exceptional creators who challenge basic assumptions, possess an insatiable curiosity, and a passion for empowering others through knowledge.
Excelling in our field requires a diversity of perspectives. It requires the ability to learn rapidly, evaluate problems with a high degree of objectivity, and develop applicable solutions, as well as creativity, strong communication skills, and the ability to think visually.
At AVO, we are building an elite team of intelligent, thoughtful, transdisciplinary thinkers. We collaborate regularly but also trust each member to independently deliver the high quality work for which we are known. While team members have their own core duties, no one is above a given role, and we are always willing to take on any task that contributes to the success of our mission.
We’re looking for individuals who:
- think critically and objectively about problems
- have a natural curiosity that drives them to understand a diversity of perspectives when facing a question
- care about their work enough to go the extra mile and ensure the highest quality deliverables
Our name, AVO, comes from the Latin “Amor Vincit Omnia,” meaning love conquers all. This philosophy drives our vision: to leverage our collective intelligence to create a long-lasting positive impact on the world, or as we say, “doing good, better.” In the end, our story is not about our work but rather how we empower others to change the world.
We’re looking for a Content Manager to join our team at AVO. This individual will help support strategic efforts for client and internal work. This role is as much an analyst/strategist role as it is a creator role. As such, this individual must be able to research and quickly gain a firm understanding of new topics, effectively analyze and synthesize information, and craft a story that helps illuminate new insights in a concise and easy to understand way.
This role requires an individual who is strong in both short-form and long-form writing, is a visual creator, and thinks critically about their work. This individual may participate in any work under the purview of the agency and should expect to be a part of the process, which may include developing positioning for a new brand; defining messaging for a product; conducting research, analysis, and writing reports; crafting a sales pitch; or developing marketing assets. Responsibilities will span a wide range of strategic initiatives, including but not limited to supporting positioning and branding work, developing messaging frameworks, researching and writing industry reports, creating presentations, writing position papers, conducting audience analysis, and writing thought leadership articles.
- Research and understand new information quickly to gain relevant context for developing assets, such as industry jargon and language expectations
- Support strategic client work, including but not limited to developing presentations, marketing materials, and reports
- Support research efforts, including but not limited to developing models, conducting analysis, and creating reports and papers
- Leverage knowledge of human-centered design to help evaluate products and user experiences
- Assist in developing internal assets to support the proliferation of design knowledge throughout the agency (e.g., on-boarding and training materials)
- Research, write, and edit long-form content, including but not limited to research reports, white papers, audience analysis, position papers, and thought leadership articles
- Research, write, and edit short-form content, including but not limited to blogs, scripts, web copy, emails, and social media copy
- Organize information and write clear and concise process documents (non-technical)
- Build and design client and internal presentations
- Design layouts and graphics for research reports and papers
- Design user experiences/user flows (both online and offline)
- Build content as required to support client efforts, including but not limited to developing graphics, emails, or other web assets
- Edit photos and videos for marketing materials
- 8+ years experience
- B.A. in relevant field; a portfolio that demonstrates a solid understanding of writing and information design principles
- Versatile writer who excels in both short-form and long-form content
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient with technology and common business software (macOS, Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Knowledge of human-centered design principles
- Familiarity with creative tasks and tools (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Lightroom, XD, etc.)
- Service and quality-driven
- Ability to learn new information and skills quickly
- Thorough with a strong attention to detail
- Critical thinker with strong analytical abilities
- Ability to work in different styles
- Ability to work autonomously to get things done
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Professionalism while collaborating with team members, clients, and partners
- Poised under pressure with the ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice
- Composure, professionalism, and the ability to do what the situation requires to make the organization as a whole successful
- Availability to work off hours if needed
THIS IS IMPORTANT
Not sure if you are 100% qualified based on what you have read? Consider this: we are more interested in hiring smart, hardworking, thoughtful individuals who are motivated to learn than those who think they already have all of the answers. We want individuals who care about the world, who want to be a part of something bigger than themselves, and who will deliver exceptional work.
Please attach a PDF that includes both your resume AND a cover letter that:
- Tells us why you are interested in working at AVO
- Illustrates how you embody our values
- Shares a brief example of a project/time during which you utilized both your right and left brain to solve a problem
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
AVO is a Seattle-based consulting firm specializing in strategy, brand, and product solutions for Fortune 1000-size companies. Established in 2009, we have created award-winning work for clients as diverse as Microsoft, Philips, Cascade Designs, and others. To learn more about our company and our values, visit our website: https://amorvinc.it/our-story.
AVO is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.