We are the outliers, the right and left brain thinkers, the exceptional creators who challenge basic assumptions, possess an insatiable curiosity, and a passion for empowering others through knowledge.
Excelling in our field requires a diversity of perspectives. It requires the ability to learn rapidly, evaluate problems with a high degree of objectivity, and develop applicable solutions, as well as creativity, strong communication skills, and the ability to think visually.
At AVO, we are building an elite team of intelligent, thoughtful, transdisciplinary thinkers. We collaborate regularly but also trust each member to independently deliver the high quality work for which we are known. While team members have their own core duties, no one is above a given role, and we are always willing to take on any task that contributes to the success of our mission.
We’re looking for individuals who:
- think critically and objectively about problems
- have a natural curiosity that drives them to understand a diversity of perspectives when facing a question
- care about their work enough to go the extra mile and ensure the highest quality deliverables
Our name, AVO, comes from the Latin “Amor Vincit Omnia,” meaning love conquers all. This philosophy drives our vision: to leverage our collective intelligence to create a long-lasting positive impact on the world, or as we say, “doing good, better.” In the end, our story is not about our work but rather how we empower others to change the world.
We’re looking for an Executive Assistant to join our team at AVO. As far as the role and responsibilities go, this individual will primarily be working with the President, but they will be called to jump in to help other team members when needed.
For this Executive Assistant role, we’re really looking for someone to assist in managing the day-to-day of the business, help keep the office and team running smoothly, and assist in organizational development. This may include assisting with finances—such as bookkeeping and invoicing—reviewing contracts, proofreading client documents, building and editing presentations, curating lists of client prospects, reviewing resumes, triaging issues at the office, doing basic research, editing photos and videos for social media, and scheduling meetings and speaking engagements.
The Executive Assistant will be supporting the President and team in these different areas to make sure nothing falls through the cracks and to make sure that we keep moving the business forward.
Because there is such a diverse set of responsibilities in this role, we need someone who has a broad skill set. We need someone who is a critical thinker, who’s thorough, and who has strong attention to detail and someone dependable who will get it right the first time.
This individual also needs to be proactive. While they will certainly be collaborating with different team members, we need someone who can figure things out on their own and get work done in the absence of formalized workflows; someone who can both thoughtfully problem solve and then take action to get a job done.
It is important this individual is both a strong writer and great with creative work, as this role may require moving from drafting a letter to editing photos for social media; we need a right and left brain individual who excels in both written and visual communications.
We understand that this is a lot to ask of one person, but we feel this is a uniquely challenging role for someone with a broad skill set who is interested in learning and getting involved in a lot of different areas of running a business, as well as for someone who wants to be a part of a growing company and have a positive impact on the world.
*Full-time and part-time applicants will be considered.
- Manage schedules and project timelines
- Schedule meetings, events, and speaking engagements
- Manage bookkeeping and invoicing
- Monitor office expenditures and manage vendors
- Keep the office organized and stocked with supplies
- Proofread client documents
- Review resumes and manage candidates
- Assist in developing internal assets (e.g., on-boarding and training materials)
- Review vendor contracts
- Perform research and create reports
- Edit photos and videos for social media
- Build and design presentations
- 2+ years experience
- Proficient with technology and common business software (macOS, Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Proficient with creative tasks and tools (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Service and quality driven
- Ability to learn new information and skills quickly
- Thorough with a strong attention to detail
- Critical thinker with strong analytical abilities
- Ability to work autonomously to get things done
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Professionalism while collaborating with team members, clients, and partners
- Poised under pressure with the ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice
- Composure, professionalism, and the ability to do what the situation requires to make the organization as a whole successful
- Availability to work off hours if needed
THIS IS IMPORTANT
Not sure if you are 100% qualified based on what you have read? Consider this: we are more interested in hiring smart, hardworking, thoughtful individuals who are motivated to learn than those who think they already have all of the answers. We want individuals who care about the world, who want to be a part of something bigger than themselves, and who will deliver exceptional work.
Please attach a PDF that includes both your resume AND a cover letter that:
- Tells us why you are interested in working at AVO
- Illustrates how you embody our values
- Shares a brief example of a project/time during which you utilized both your right and left brain to solve a problem
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
AVO is a Seattle-based consulting firm specializing in strategy, brand, and product solutions for Fortune 1000-size companies. Established in 2009, we have created award-winning work for clients as diverse as Microsoft, Philips, Cascade Designs, and others. To learn more about our company and our values, visit our website: https://amorvinc.it/our-story.
AVO is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.